Thursday 4 December 2008

My secret obsession ...

Ever since I was a child I have been mildly obsessed with toilets. Not the actual ceramic pots themselves, but the entirety of those little private rooms within which they sit.  My first question upon entering a new place, when I was small, was always "Where are the loos?" 

I'm afraid to say, not much has changed. I love them. I'm still intrigued by them. I will always, always check them out in any new place I go to. 

They say you can rate a place by its loos, and I wholeheartedly agree. I like to rate its loos, however.

So, this is what you have before you  - a log (scuse the pun) of my forays into the most private of spaces.  Remember that I am a girl, and therefore a loo is an important place; not simply for relieving oneself, but for girly chats; the divulging of secrets; mysterious preening rituals; a safe-haven from pesky men and a place to sit down and ponder - or even read. So my marks aren't just for the functionality of the latrine, people, but the whole shebang: ambience, atmosphere, friendliness, recommendations etc etc.

No comments: